Thursday, August 13, 2009


The first day I wanted to make sure I got out of Texas so I could camp. I spent the first night at Ute Lake at Logan, NM.


The next day I rode to to Santa Rosa and visted the car museum. I really did not think I was into cars that much but looking at these cars brought back memories of my uncles and my first car which was a new 1969 Camaro 327. While in Santa Rosa I rode to Santa Rosa Lake State Park to check it out and then headed out to Santa Fe, NM. I stopped in Santa Fe after riding around a bit. I thought it would be an interesting place to spend more time in the next day. It was July 4th so I watched the fire works that was shot off from the high school in town
I ate a Tomasita's and was happy to find they had stuffed sopapillas. I had not had one since the late 80s when I left Colorado. I was surprised they did not serve chips but was told that they had to be ordered. They did serve a sopapilla with the meal. The food was good.
It was an interesting place, I could not tell a restaurant from a business because the buildings all looked alike.

The next day I head out on 84 to ride into Pagosa Springs, CO. It was pleasant enough. When I went around the curve on the top of this rode, I rode in awe at the red mountains