Thursday, August 13, 2009

Colorado Trip

I am back but still have not got over the awesome scenery I rode through. On my trip I had people ask me why I was riding alone, was my husband and I having problems and what he thought about what I was doing.

My husband and I are doing great. He tells me he is proud of me for doing the trip because that is what I wanted to do. He and I both wish he could of made the trip with me but his job does not give him the freedom to take off the length of time my job does.

I would do it all over again. I did not ride the whole route I planned because of making detours. Next time I will make it to Estes Park.

People I met that did not ride-The men said I was crazy, the women said I was a Hero.

Things I have learned:
1. If you ride with your saddle bags on backwards, they will blow open and you can lose a shirt on the highway without knowing it.

2. I don't need to pack 3 pair of shoes and so many clothes.

3. Try to charge the cell phone off the same circuit the runs the GPS will blow a fuse

4. Repack the same way every time. I thought someone stole food from my saddle bag but when unpacking for the night found the food in the duffel bag. Then I had more stuff to carry because I could not eat all of it before I had to pack up again.

5. Make sure not to try and park the scooter on soft ground without putting it on the center stand, it will fall over

6. When you put the scooter on the center stand, make sure your are not loaded down and parked facing uphill. It is hard to get the scoot off the stand by yourself.

I will add to this as I remember what other silly things I learned along the way